iClimate researchers through DCE-AU are part of the European Topic Centre on Climate Change Impacts, Vulnerability and Adaptation (ETC/CCA).
ETC/CCA is an international consortium working with the European Environment Agency under a framework partnership agreement for the period 2019-2021.
The consortium continues in a new framework contract for the ETC on Climate change and mitigation; Climate change adaptation and LULUCF (ETC/CA) for the period 2022-2026.
The ETC/CCA activities on climate change, impacts, vulnerability, adaptation and disaster risk reduction include:
- harmonisation, quality assessment and exchange of data and/or information;
- processing of climate-related information, including use of models, mapping, analyses, evaluations and (thematic, sectoral and integrated) assessments to describe and analyse the status of the environment in support to sound policy decision making;
- update, improvement and development of indicators to communicate the findings to various users;
- content maintenance, improvement and further development of Climate-ADAPT;
- provision of capacity building in EEA countries.
Read more here about the European Topic Centres
ClimateAdapt is the European platform for collecting and sharing information on climate change adaptation.
The European Climate Adaptation Platform Climate-ADAPT is a partnership between the European Commission and the European Environment Agency (EEA). Climate-ADAPT is maintained by the EEA with the support of the European Topic Centre on Climate Change Impacts, Vulnerability and Adaptation (ETC/CCA).
Climate-ADAPT aims to support Europe in adapting to climate change helping users to access and share data and information on:
- Expected climate change in Europe
- Current and future vulnerability of regions and sectors
- EU, national and transnational adaptation strategies and actions
- Adaptation case studies and potential adaptation options
- Tools that support adaptation planning
Climate-ADAPT organizes information under the following main entry points:
- EU Policy: EU Adaptation Policy, Adaptation in EU Policy Sectors (Agriculture, Biodiversity, Coastal areas, Forestry, Water management, Marine and fisheries, Ecosystem-based Approaches, Disaster Risk Reduction, Buildings, Energy, Transport, Health, Urban), EU Regional Policy
- Countries, Transnational regions, Cities
- Knowledge: Topics, Data and indicators, Research and innovation projects, Tools, Practice,
- European Climate and Health Observatory (accessible through "Knowledge")
The platform includes a database that contains quality checked information that can be easily searched.